The Undergraduate Research Symposium and sponsoring departments recognize students who have exceptional poster, oral, creative work, and data stories presentations. By participating in the Symposium, your presentation may be eligible. Presenters may indicate which award (s) they would like to be considered for (two total, maximum) on the Symposium presenter confirmation form that will be sent to all presenters after the registration deadline of April 17.
- The UO Libraries will further honor the winners of the Biology Poster Award, the CAS Dean’s Poster Award in Natural Sciences, the Human Physiology Poster Award, and the Phil & Penny Knight Campus for Accelerating Scientific Impact Poster Award by installing their posters in the Allan Price Science Commons & Research Library after the Symposium.
- University Housing will similarly honor the winners of the awards by offering the opportunity for installing their posters in new permanent "Undergraduate Research and Creative Work" exhibit location in each of the Residence Halls.
► See all past Symposium Presentation Award winners
We are excited to announce the inauguration of the following awards in 2022:
- English and Composition Award
- Lane Community College Poster Award
- College of Education Dean's Undergraduate Research Award
General Eligibility Criteria
Participants may self-select, for two total awards, maximum. Basic eligibility criteria listed below, but there may be additional award specific criteria* listed within the award description. Please carefully review the information prior to making your selection on the participant confirmation survey form (sent to all symposium registrants).
- Open to a current UO undergraduate, full-time enrolled student from any academic discipline or major (unless otherwise noted within the specific award description), who is matriculating through a degree-granting program
- The award recipients must be accepted to and present at the current Undergraduate Research Symposium
- Individuals who withdraw from presenting are no longer eligible
- Oral Presentation and/or Performance Award candidates must present their work orally or via performance at the symposium
- NOTE: Individuals who self-nominate for an oral/performance award, will be asked to submit a recording of their presentation for the award review committee
- Poster Presentation Award candidates must submit their poster no later than May 16 to be eligible for judging (submission link will be sent to all poster presenters)
- Note: Images and creative works submitted may be shared on the symposium website, and symposium YouTube channel
***NOTE: Awards with an asterisk (*) have Award Specific Eligibility Criteria, please be sure to review these award criteria before self-nominating.