The Undergraduate Research Symposium and sponsoring departments recognize students who have exceptional poster, oral, creative work, and works in progress presentations. By participating in the Symposium, your presentation may be eligible to receive an award based upon your indicated presentation topic at the time of registration, as well as meeting award specific criteria (i.e. major, UO student or presentation type). The registration deadline is April 17th.
- The UO Libraries will further honor the recipients of the Biology Poster Award, the CAS Dean’s Poster Award in Natural Sciences, the Human Physiology Poster Award, and the Phil & Penny Knight Campus for Accelerating Scientific Impact Poster Award by installing their posters in the Allan Price Science Commons & Research Library after the Symposium.
- University Housing will similarly honor the recipients of awards by offering the opportunity for installing their posters in new permanent "Undergraduate Research and Creative Work" exhibit locations in each of the Residence Halls.
General Eligibility Criteria
Basic eligibility criteria is listed below, but there may be additional award specific criteria* listed within the award description.
- Open to a current UO undergraduate, full-time enrolled student who is matriculating through a degree-granting program
- The award candidates must register and present at the current Undergraduate Research Symposium
- Individuals who withdraw from presenting will no longer be eligible
- Award committees will review presentations on the day of the Symposium
- Virtual Presenters' digital assets will be provided to relevant award committees for review prior to the Symposium day.
***NOTE: Awards with an asterisk (*) have Award Specific Eligibility Criteria beyond the general eligibility criteria listed above.