The Department of Biology will offer one $300 award, and may award up to three $100 honorable mention awards for posters with honorable mentions, in the fields of biology and marine biology. Judging will be performed by senior level graduate students.
2023 AWARD RECIPIENTS
- Olivia Hougham "An age-dependent decrease in Syd-1 may be responsible for age-dependent memory decline"
- Ethan Dinh "Proteomic Signatures of Reinjury in Tibial Bone Stress Injury"
- Zealon Gentry-Lear & Celine Lopez Padilla "Characterizing and Understanding Synergistic Drug Interactions for Killing in Pseudomonas aeruginosa"
- Nicole Mullen "The Role of Microbiota in the Development of Insulin-producing Cells in Drosophila melanogaster"
- Rosa Taylor "An analysis of the impact of parity on long term health outcomes for Tunisian mothers"
2022 AWARD RECIPIENTS
- Amanda Linskens "Decreasing Hunchback and Bicoid Levels in Pair1 Neurons Alters the Pair1 Circuit in Drosophila"
- Hannah Lewack "The Effects of daf-2/IGFR on Healthspan in C. elegans Malesritis"
- Mikala Capage "Misfolded but not Malicious: Prion Proteins in Budding Yeast"
Award Specific Eligibility criteria
- A current undergraduate UO Biology or Marine Biology major working in any science lab at the University of Oregon.
- An undergraduate student (from any major) who is doing work in a lab run by a biology department faculty member.
One (1) $300 Award
Up to Three (3) $100 Honorable Mention Awards
Department of Biology